View from Oban Bothy

View from Oban Bothy

Thursday 28 May 2020

TGOC2020…virtually the third bit.

This #virtualTGOC is something. I'd enjoyed a fearsomely fun night at the Melgarve Bothy Secret Ceilidh with Denis, Terry Leyland, Di Gerrard and many others....and somehow found myself pitching up outside Culra Bothy.





What happened there then? I blame strong drink. Well, it was the first time I'd met Denis...no other expanation needed. Pauline Marshall was busy carrying out repairs on the wounded:

The Rockin' Rev was ever so generous with his platy full of something very alcoholic, songs were sung, stories were told...and a fine evening was enjoyed by all.

Dalwhinnie and the hotel was the next stop. It was a bit of a yomp along the shore of Loch Ericht - and it was really quite hot.

Pauline Marshall and Bernie scooted off for a night in a comfy bed, c/o some friends (I wish I had friends like that!), The Rev endured emergency foot repairs, thanks to a certain GP who was passing.

Mr D. Brocklehurst Esq:





I met up with the lovely Brocklehursts once again, it's always a great pleasure to be in their company.

The Dalwhinnie Distillery:

And the hotel didn't sell proper beer. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tally-Ho! Whitworth Wander / Turkey Trot 2023

  Whitworth Wander – Turkey Trot, 27 th of a very wet December 2023 In memory of the late Brian Whitworth, a fine man, my friend, and a for...