View from Oban Bothy

View from Oban Bothy

Thursday 5 February 2015

20th – 24th January, Cumbrian Patatas Fritas

Dawn, along with Lucky and Mike, had a few days of static camping planned in t’Lakes and they kindly invited me along. I agreed to come only on the understanding that there would be chips. It was a bit cold so I took my Optimus Nova liquid fuel stove – it was the only way to get the chip pan up to temperature y’see.

I rolled up with my caravan in tow. Dawn, Lucky & Mike, being well ‘ard, were under canvas.

We spent a nice couple of days wandering around some of the snow-covered lumpy bits, nothing high but all rather nice.

Wednesday, A wander around the left-hand side of Borrowdale:

image

image

image

image

image    Chips for tea

Thursday, so it must be wandering around Latrigg:

image

imageLucky, Mike and Dawn at lunch

image 

image

image

View over Derwentwater

image  

image

No comment

On Friday I went home, leaving Lucky, Mike, Dawn & Mike’s brother John to endure the wet.

It was a lovely couple of days in excellent company, you can read what really went on by reading Dawn’s and Lucky’s Mike’s accounts which say it all.

3 comments:

  1. You serve up fantastic chips JJ. An enjoyable time had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous18:36

    Chips while camping - nice! Great winter photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I was quite pleased with the photos, especially considering they were taken on a low-end Lumix compact.
      The chips were excellent 😊, they proved very popular!

      Delete

Tally-Ho! Whitworth Wander / Turkey Trot 2023

  Whitworth Wander – Turkey Trot, 27 th of a very wet December 2023 In memory of the late Brian Whitworth, a fine man, my friend, and a for...