View from Oban Bothy

View from Oban Bothy

Sunday 1 December 2013

Saturday 30th November 2013, Wildboarclough

Time has been very tight here at JJ Towers, there’s just been far too much stuff going on. It was something of a relief to have the excuse to get out with the Cheshire Tally-Ho! Hare & Hounds Club (Estd 1872….founder members still running I think) and trot through some lovely countryside in the good company of the Club members…and a guest: the Long Suffering Rick.
The trail, from the very excellent Crag Inn in Wildboarclough, was a little longer than it should have been. Many Hounds returned late, some running in the dark. Those who took the time to turn around and look behind them were rewarded by a breathtakingly beautiful sunset:
P1000427

P1000428

This is where we went (widdershins):

image
A little over 10 miles with around 1800’ of up and downery. And mud.
Good fun though. And Rick’s still talking to me.
And my English teacher told me not to start sentences with ‘And’. And so I’ll try not to. And I’ll be careful with the use of apostrophe’s.
And now that I’ve got a little free time I’ll attempt to fill in some gaps in the ‘ere blog.

8 comments:

  1. And what a cracking sunset. And well done, especially Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "and" thing is not an emphatic rule these days. If it sounds ok use it. Those pics are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a preposition is something you never end a sentence with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! And Mike - I don't recall propositioning you. But I am rather old...and an elderly chap's memory plays tricks y'know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to do some running, but still struggling with Soleus strain, that has been bugging me for weeks.
    OK walking and cycling though.
    Maybe I should just rest it for 3 weeks.
    Nice sunsets. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had fun John, I sort of envy you. Unfortunately my running days are over.

    ReplyDelete

Tally-Ho! Whitworth Wander / Turkey Trot 2023

  Whitworth Wander – Turkey Trot, 27 th of a very wet December 2023 In memory of the late Brian Whitworth, a fine man, my friend, and a for...