View from Oban Bothy

View from Oban Bothy

Thursday 4 February 2016

Wednesday 3rd February, Timperley to Stockport Rtn

With Ronny

A similar route to last week’s used by Martin and I, but with a couple of variations – one of which was that it was a return trip. The other notable difference was that I stuck to fairly good surfaces throughout.

The Plan was to nip over to Decathlon in Stockport to collect some bits.

The River Mersey looked only a little swollen, surprising considering the recent rainfall.

P1060128

P1060129

P1060130 If you can see the Peak District expect rain, if you can’t see the Peak District…..

In order to miss the gloopiness of the Transpennine Trail alongside the River Mersey I diverted through Fletcher Moss Gardens. I’d heard of it but hadn’t visited – my loss. According to Wiki the park is named after local Alderman Fletcher Moss, who donated the park to the city of Manchester in 1919. It’s part botanical garden and part wildlife habitat, but also offers recreational facilities such as recently refurbished tennis courts, rugby and football pitches, and a family run cafĂ©. I didn’t try the cafe – that’s for next time.

Anyway, some photographs taken around Fletcher Moss:

P1060131

P1060132

Silver Birch, lovely to look at…and excellent firewood

P1060135

P1060134

Sunset from Fletcher Moss

Unfortunately Decathlon didn’t have any of the bits I needed. It wasn’t a wasted trip though, I really enjoyed my little trip. And I didn’t see Jo Brand again.

Where I went, I came back by the same route:

Timperley to Stockport return 27km

Around 17 miles of niceness.

 

And this is Ronny the Ridgeback:

image

1 comment:

  1. Certainly putting in the miles John. Ronny looks well set up, looks like a good, long touring frame!

    ReplyDelete

Tally-Ho! Whitworth Wander / Turkey Trot 2023

  Whitworth Wander – Turkey Trot, 27 th of a very wet December 2023 In memory of the late Brian Whitworth, a fine man, my friend, and a for...