View from Oban Bothy

View from Oban Bothy

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Vierdaagse Day1

At 5am the weather was awful, very heavy  rain = time for waterproofs. Not what I wanted with a 25 mile walk ahead.

I arrived at the start  of the walk at 6am, completely in the dry!

I won't write much, I'd rather let the pictures tell  the story. Briefly: it was very hot, a huge amount of fun, and the other 44,999 walkers seemed to enjoy it too. I crossed the start line at 6.30am and finished at 2.30pm. 

25 miles done, 75 to go!

Oh, and that last photo IS the inside of a pub, but it was taken after I'd finished the walk. Honest.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent, well done John. The pub looks nice 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic John, you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the walk go John? Hope you enjoyed it.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Margaret, it went very well - I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Margaret, it went very well - I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you finish? Are you back in Timperley. Coffee and cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I finished - I really must make the time to update this blog.....I've got a photo of a strange tractor to publish!
      Coffee & cake sounds good - I'm a bit busy at the mo but I'll give you a ring to arrange.

      Delete

Tally-Ho! Whitworth Wander / Turkey Trot 2023

  Whitworth Wander – Turkey Trot, 27 th of a very wet December 2023 In memory of the late Brian Whitworth, a fine man, my friend, and a for...