View from Oban Bothy

View from Oban Bothy

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Via de la Plata, to Montemarte

A far more interesting day despite the first few grim kilometres of tarmac needed to exit the town. 
Route advice from the Cicerone guide book, waymarks and helpful locals all added to the, er, interest. 
There were far more Milarios and other features today. One garden I passed had been converted into a shrine of sorts - with all manner of garden-gnome type stuff.  Actually very impressive! 
Roadside water taps were more apparent, these were not only water supplies for the villages but also as very important  supplies for thirsty Peregrinos. 
I'll re-post with more photos when I get home, most of my photos were taken on my camera rather than my phone. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow JJ, that is some size trekking pole you have there-:) Glad to see the weather is holding up for you. There was some talk on one of the weather programs of bad weather heading for Spain. Am jealous, looks like you are having fun. Love the cheap accommodation, pity there is nothing similar in the UK !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done JJ - don't get too tanned, people will be jealous! But I'm sorry to see that you've been turned into a midget.

    ReplyDelete

Tally-Ho! Whitworth Wander / Turkey Trot 2023

  Whitworth Wander – Turkey Trot, 27 th of a very wet December 2023 In memory of the late Brian Whitworth, a fine man, my friend, and a for...