View from Oban Bothy

View from Oban Bothy

Saturday 1 August 2020

Big Ride for Palestine

Friend Peter invited me to go for a 36 mile a bike ride, the distance represents the length of the military fence between Gaza and Israel. The ride was a fundraiser for those suffering the from the political turmoil of that region, plus it was a tool to highlight the plight of those suffering at the hands of politicians and military who have total disregard for human rights. And international law.

I rolled up at Peter’s house on Saturday morning and we pedalled off to meet 4 other cyclists who were to make up our group of 6…..Covid-19 and all that.

We trundled off, into Manchester, and really having quite a nice gentle ride that included Levenhulme, Moss Side, Old Trafford, Chorlton, Salford and maybe some other places too. I didn’t take a great deal of notice of the route – a was just following Our Leader.

During the course of the day we crossed paths with other groups of six, all taking part in the event. 

It was a good day out in the saddle, and for a cause I feel strongly about. Thanks to Peter for inviting me along – I reckon I’ll be back next year.

Only a few photos I’m afraid – and a couple of those were liberated from other participants and the event’s website. 

More information on the event can be found here.






1 comment:

  1. Cracking stuff JJ. Well done, a worthy cause

    ReplyDelete

Tally-Ho! Whitworth Wander / Turkey Trot 2023

  Whitworth Wander – Turkey Trot, 27 th of a very wet December 2023 In memory of the late Brian Whitworth, a fine man, my friend, and a for...