View from Oban Bothy

View from Oban Bothy

Sunday 10 February 2013

Saturday 9th February, Kidney Research

NP+1 (aka Neezup) were asked to play at a fundraising ceilidh last night. The event was held in aid of Kidney Research UK at Oughtrington Primary School, near Lymm, Cheshire.

It was well supported and I’m fairly sure the charity made a few bob out of the event.  The band had a great time, the audience were very enthusiastic….and they fed us. It was fun. A good result for all – especially those who enjoy gherkins, of which there were many.

Gherkins that is.

 

P1010315 Alison in gherkin demolition mode

P1010317A willow in the process of being stripped

P1010319 Half of NP+1 in action

P1010322 All of NP+1 in action (L > R: RJP, JJ, Les, the long-suffering Rick)

Unfortunately I don’t have a photo of Rob, our rather excellent caller. Next time perhaps….if he stands still long enough.

Anyroadup, I need to buy some gherkins. I’d forgotten how good they are.

I wonder if they can be dehydrated for backpacking>

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous20:07

    How nice to see so many supporting such a good cause.
    When is the next one going to be?

    L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'm afraid, we've not been asked by that group for a replay but we do quite a few charity fundraisers. If you email me I'll let you know what's coming up. My email address is detailed in 'About Me'.
      Thanks for your nice comments!

      Delete

Tally-Ho! Whitworth Wander / Turkey Trot 2023

  Whitworth Wander – Turkey Trot, 27 th of a very wet December 2023 In memory of the late Brian Whitworth, a fine man, my friend, and a for...